Location, population Radoshkovichi
Radoshkovichi - urban settlement in Molodechno district of Minsk region with a population of 5,862 people. The urban settlement is located 32 km from Molodechno, 41 km from Minsk, at the confluence of the Vyazenka and Guyka rivers in Rybchenko, on the Vileisk-Minsk water system.
History of development Radoshkovichi
The first written mention of Radoshkovichi dates back to 1447, when commander of Vilnius Peter Gedygoldavich founded the church of the Holy Trinity here. There are several versions of the origin of the name of the settlement. According to some researchers, it was formed from the words to be born-to consult, others - from joy. There is also an opinion that the name of the settlement was derived from the name Radoshkovichi, Radashkevich. At different times, the area was in the possession of Vereisky, Gashtoldov, Queen Bona, Glebovich, Oginsky, Radzivils. From 1539 to the middle of the XIX century fairs were regularly held here.
In 1549, Radoshkovichi received the status of a city in which there were 130 courtyards, 8 taverns, workshops. At about the same time a wooden castle was built here. During the Livonian War in 1567, Grand Duke Sigismund Augustus decided to convene a formidable demonstration near Radoshkovichi, counting on the accession of princes and boyars dissatisfied with the Moscow authorities. In 1569, the city received Sigismund Augustus Magdeburg Law. On February 23, 1792, the king and grand duke Stanislav Augustus Poniatowski granted the city coat of arms .
As a result of the second section of the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth (1793), Radoshkovichi became part of the Russian Empire. During the liberation uprising (1830-1831), the settlement was for some time freed from the Russian government. For 1859 there were 222 buildings. In 1882, Jan Lutsevich (Yanku Kupala) was baptized in a local church.
Under the Riga Peace Treaty (1921), Radoshkovichi became part of the Polish Republic. During the years 1922-1928.Radoshkovichskaya Belarusian gymnasium named after F. Skorina worked here. In 1939, Radoshkovichi became part of the BSSR. In 1940, the city was given the status of a town settlement. During the Second World War from June 25, 1941 to July 3, 1944, the urban settlement was under German occupation. Also during the war, under the Radoshkovichi, captains Alexander Maslov, Nikolai Gastello and Senior Lieutenant Isaac Preseizen made their fire rams.
Economic activity Radoshkovichi
In the urban village there are enterprises for the production of ceramic products, food and light industry, the center of pottery.
Transport communications Radoshkovichi
The Minsk-Molodechno highway passes through the urban village. The railway Minsk-Molodechno passes through the station Radoshkovichi.
Tourist potential Radoshkovichi
On the outskirts of the village there is a preserved site of the Iron Age and the times of Russia. The Church of the Most Holy Trinity in the style of classicism, a monument of architecture of the XIX century, has been preserved to our time. Such famous figures as Yanka Kupala, Yadvigin S., Iosif Drozdovich, Bronislav Tarashkevich, Maxim Tank lived and worked here. Monuments of Yanke Kupala, Yadvigin S., N. Gastello are erected in the urban settlement. Not far from the village on the Minsk-Molodechno road, a monument in honor of N. Gastello and his crew was erected.